Saturday, October 10, 2009

2 Corinthians 10

Being a gentle person doesn't mean are you weak. The Savior was the perfect example of strength, but he was also kind and gentle. "He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."

Too often, we barrage ourselves with self-doubt, "I'm not smart enough, I'm not strong enough, I'm not spiritual enough, I'm not good looking enough." Those feelings come when we rely solely on our own strength. Paul is evidently being ridiculed by some in Corinth. They say his letters are strong, but when people see him person, he is just this small person who is a weak speaker. Paul acknowledged his weaknesses but says he does not rely on or boast in his own strength, but in the Lord's. Ammon said, I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." We can make much of ourselves through our own work and determination, but it seems like there are always those nagging doubts. If we let him, the Lord will make us all that we can possibly become or be.

No comments: