Saturday, September 19, 2009

1 Corinthians 6

In this chapter on the immorality of the Corinthians, there are two thoughts that impressed me. One was, if members of the church are living righteously, they will never have cause to be at odds with each other to the point that they have to go to the courts to settle their differences. They will be able to settle them amongst themselves, and at the worst, with their church leaders.

The other thing that impressed me is the last verse, "Ye are bought with a price." The price is the suffering the Savior went through for each of us. That tells me how much he loves us, how valued we are in his eyes. It helps me to stand a little taller, believe a little more in myself, and not be bothered by those who don't believe in me or accept me. It tells me how much I am worth and that makes me want to do a little better and be a little better. Not because of guilt. Guilt comes from unrepented major sin. And even though we always have things we mess up on, the atonement takes care of that as long as I am trying to do what is right. I want to do better because I know can. This verse gives me hope because it tells me that there is a lot more to me than what I see in myself now, and I know it will be eventually realized.

No comments: