Monday, November 15, 2010

3 Nephi 23

I can remember when I joined the church hearing someone say how much they loved the Book of Isaiah. I thought they must have had a screw loose or something because Isaiah seemed totally incomprehensible to me. Now I understand. It's taken awhile but it's been worth the effort and there's still so much more to gain. I can see why the Lord said "Great are the words of Isaiah." I would suggest that you give it the effort. It really helps to have a commentary to explain things. A good one is by Parry. I like to look for three things as I read Isaiah. I look to see if the verses relate to the Savior, to the restoration of the gospel, or to the House of Israel. You'll find all three as you read. Isaiah is quoted more in the Bible than any other prophet by far. He is amazing. I especially like chapter 79 verse 6 that says, "Behold, to drive on bald tires will cause fear for thou shalt break forth to the right and to the left and backwards shall be thy view." Good stuff and so significant for out times.

No comments: