Tuesday, June 14, 2011

D&C Section Sixty Eight

This section contains three very important teachings. The first one is one
that I wonder if I truly understand its significance but not in the way we
normally think. The verse is no. 3; it's about the priesthood, and it
basically says that when someone speaks by the power of the Holy Ghost, it
is scripture, it is the mind, will and word of the Lord." We all know that
we should carefully consider the things that are said in general conference
and at other times by our prophets. But on a personal level, when we are
moved by the Holy Ghost, those personal thoughts and words are personal
scripture for us. They are only for us and not others, for the ward or
church in general. But they are things that can be very sacred to us and we
should preserve them in our journals for the inspiration of our descendents.
I'm afraid my journal would be a bit thin and of that is because I fail to
recognize when I'm being prompted by the Spirit and cast aside those
thoughts.

No comments: